Friday, March 14, 2014

Never Judge A Book By It's Cover

This past fall, my sister and I unofficially made Friday’s our night to visit City Limits in East Lansing, when they had their long islands on special for $3.99.  Even though we have slowly branched off from their infamous long islands and decent bar food and have drifted off to other restaurants in the area, we always end our night sitting at the bar, waiting for the bartender to bring us our drink of the night.  You have to know that a year and half ago, this type of outing would not have happened.  


Before my sister and I made this our Friday stop, I was there with a friend of mine on an off night and the bartender, who knows us there, made us an Infiniti Martini to see what we thought of it since we didn't like what was on special that night.  (Getting to know the regular bartender is always a good thing!) Since he knew that we usually opted for something sweet, he told us to trust him and that if we didn't like the drink, he would make us something else. Being that we trusted his expertise, neither of us objected and we were not disappointed.

I am usually not a fan of martinis, but there was something about this drink that I absolutely love.  Every time I hesitate to order another drink, the bartender often reminds me that I haven’t ordered it in a while and minutes later, it’s being set in front of me.


And tonight was no different.


Could this look any more perfect?
I forgot to say this at the beginning…


This is made in a bar located in a bowling alley close to the middle of nowhere in East Lansing...

And I am rarely disappointed with what the bartender makes here...

It's always the places that you least expect...

I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment