Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Need For Change

Over the past several months, the thought of not updating my blog has never escaped me, but there was nothing that I could think of that I thought could warrant a post.  Had I become too boring even to myself or had I just gotten bored with the whole idea of a blog that used to be so exciting?  Had I lost that spark for my own written word or is just that maybe its time to consider the idea of possibly trying something new?

I'm leaning toward the latter.

Before the beginning of 2014, I vowed that this year would be different, that I would be different.  I would be open to the possibility of trying something new and stepping out of my comfort zone.  Show people that yes, I am human, that I want to change this perception that people have of me while striving to be a person that I am proud of and not giving a damn about who hates the change.

So far this year, I have: 
  • cut my hair and absolutely love it
  • said the word no more than I ever have
  • Taken a step back and rested when my body has demanded a break 
  • Started updating my wardrobe
  • Started spending more time with my sister and showing her that despite our age difference and our rocky past, that I am here for her and that she can call me whenever she needs me 
As I made changes in other aspects of my life, I kept thinking that if I can buy a pair of skinny jeans without someone shoving them in my hands and pointing toward the cash register without a choice, I can rethink this blog thing.  I can get excited about writing about me and the world around me if I change my approach.

So, here is my idea: Food…

And drinks, of course!

Most people who don't know me ask what do I know about it?  According to some, I barely look like I could finish a salad and that is where they’re wrong.  
I absolutely love to eat...and drink (let's be honest), so why not write about my experiences? Whether its a new dish that I try at an old favorite, restaurant or bar, it deserves to be talked about.  

So, as far as the blog goes, I'm trying something new and writing about my food and drink endeavors in my hometown and away.  

Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment