Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lansing's Famous Hole in the Wall

Over the past few years, I would hear my friends rave about this breakfast spot called Golden Harvest, but never got the chance to go since they had this knack of only going on Sunday's while I was usually with the fam. 

Finally, I decided to go with a few friends and mother for breakfast one morning to celebrate a birthday.  

When I pulled up, I realized that this place is maybe 1000 square feet, with no parking lot and in a building that looks like it had been an abandoned shack at one time.  Before the place opens, people hoping to be the first in, are standing in a line in the cold.  When I walked in, the walls were covered in concert and movie memorabilia with the sounds of a mixed cd blaring through the speakers.  From the front door, you could easily see out the back door just beyond the kitchen prep area.  

The menu itself is small but overwhelming because it all sounds so good.  I settled on the S&M omelet, which consisted of a massive amount homemade sausage, mushrooms and cheese, with four pieces of toast.  I will admit that I hate that I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it, fearing the idea of looking like an obsessed foodie.

Will I go back again?  Yes...even if I have to stand in line again, as long as its above 55*.

No comments:

Post a Comment